NiSource (NYSE: NI) helps energize the lives of its nearly 4 million natural gas and electric customers across seven states. Our local utilities – Columbia Gas and NIPSCO – ensure that customers receive safe, reliable and affordable natural gas and electric service each and every day. Our business plan is focused on proactively investing in our energy infrastructure – approximately $1.4 billion a year – to ensure we meet and improve upon our customer commitments for the next 100 years.
We employ more than 7,000 of our neighbors who are actively engaged in the communities we’re privileged to serve, making them great places to live and call home. NiSource is headquartered in Merrillville, Indiana – about 35 miles from Chicago – and we maintain a significant corporate presence in Columbus, Ohio.
Investing for Our Customers
NiSource is investing at record levels to further increase safety, reliability, customer satisfaction and compliance. We expect to invest approximately $1.4 billion in capital each year to support these core commitments. These energy infrastructure investments improve reliability and safety for our customers and our communities, create additional customer services, provide additional access to natural gas service and reduce emissions. We’re also investing in and researching new ways to make it easier for customers to do business with us, including website enhancements and customer service tools. You can read more about these commitments in our annual Sustainability Report.
A Compelling Investment Opportunity
NiSource offers a compelling long-term total return investment opportunity for shareholders. Through more than $30 billion in long-term, identified investments in our regulated utility assets, we expect to grow our earnings and dividend 4-6 percent each year.
Virtually 100 percent of our revenues are generated from regulated utility operations and investments with significant scale across seven states. NiSource maintains investment grade credit ratings and our balanced and diverse geographic profile provides a relatively low business risk.
The NiSource Way
As a premier regulated utility, we’re focused each day on providing customer-focused energy solutions, industry-leading safety and reliability, investment-driven growth and delivering sustainable value for our customers, investors and employees. We call it "Doing Business the NiSource Way."
- We exist to serve our customers and communities. We understand the needs and expectations of our customers and stakeholders so we can do our best to meet or exceed them. We care about our customers and we give back to our communities. We’re investing to improve our customers’ experiences with us and making their service more reliable.
- We are respectful and inclusive. We value everyone’s unique contributions, views and fundamental desire to do good work. We are building highly skilled and diverse teams that support each other, recognize and reward great work, and celebrate success.
- We work together. We know we get better results and alignment through enhanced internal and external partnerships and collaboration.
- We deliver on our commitments. We make promises we can keep. And, we keep the promises we make to our stakeholders, coworkers, families and ourselves. We provide safe, reliable and dependable service, execute on our plans, and build shareholder value.
- We are transparent. We communicate in a truthful, straightforward and timely way. We create relationships built on trust and authenticity.
- We do the right thing. We work and operate safely, always. We are ethical and honest in everything we do. We protect our environment, invest in our infrastructure, and fuel long-term economic growth.
We want your energy – search jobs at NiSource today.